28-2-2012 | ESCAP Bangkok | ICSC 74th Session
74th session of the ICSC where the ICSC and Commisioners come together with representatives of the Staff federations to discuss proposals and changes to the UN schemes and conditions of service.
28-2-2012 | Madrid | High Level Committee on Management
The upcoming HLCM will take place in Madrid from the 15th - 16th March 2012.
Chris Land-Kazlauskas will represent the CCISUA Federation at this management forum.
1-3-2010 | ICTY and ICC - The Hague, The Netherlands | XXV General Assembly - CCISUA Membership to tackle Administration of Justice, Contractual Reform, and Building Strong Unions in the UN
CCISUA is pleased to announce that its XXV General Assembly will be held from 19-23 March 2010 in the Hague. The five-day meeting will be co-sponsored by the Staff Unions of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia and the International Criminal Court.
As part of the CCISUA renewal strategy, CCISUA members will benefit from a training on trade union leadership and organizational change in the UN Context immediately preceding the Assembly. The training will be provided by Ms. Joanna Cain, Education Officer, UNISON (UK public service trade union) and part-time tutor at Ruskin College at Oxford.
The meeting agenda will see the leadership of CCISUA member unions and associations reaching consensus on such critical issues as: continuing contracts, staff safety and security, pensions, salaries and benefits, administration of justice, union structures and representative functions, and staff-management relations.
A number of important invited guests will participate in the Assembly. Mr. Kingston Rhodes, Chairman of the International Civil Service Commission will participate in an exchange on common system issues. Mr. Gregory Starr, USG for the Department of Safety and Security will discuss staff safety and security. The meeting will also welcome ICTY President Robinson and ICC Registrar Silvana Arbia. Mr. Mike Bradley, General-Secretary and Alan Irwin, Education Partnerships Manager of the General Federation of Trade Unions (UK) will outline the research and training facilities available to CCISUA. The membership will also have the opportunity to exchange views on staff-management relations with Mr. Gérard Biraud, Chairperson of the Joint Inspection Unit. Mr. Walton Pantland, communications expert and learning organizer with Unite the Union (UK) will present on organizing members at a distance using Information Technology.
Holding the GA in the Hague represents an opportunity for CCISUA’s members to meet the representatives of one of its newest affiliates (ICC) as well as an important show of solidarity with the staff of ICTR and ICTY, whose organizations are facing downsizing in line with their completion strategies.
All relevant documentation for the training and the assembly can be found in the members-only area of the CCISUA website.
Any questions may be directed to Mr. Rick Cottam (email@example.com) or Ms. Jennyfer Urrutia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
29-7-2009 | Montreal | 69th Session of the ICSC to be held in Montreal
The 69th session of the International Civil Service Commission will take place at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) headquarters, Montreal, from 29 June to 10 July 2009.
1. Opening of the session.
2. Report by the Chairman on activities since the sixty-eighth session of the Commission.
3. Annotated provisional agenda.
4. Conditions of service applicable to both categories of staff:
(a) Mandatory age of separation;
(b) Standards of conduct for the international
civil service – update;
(c) Review of separation payments;
(d) Update on staff survey – follow-up.
5. Conditions of service of the Professional and higher categories:
(a) Base/floor salary scale;
(b) Evolution of the United Nations/United States
net remuneration margin;
(c) Proposed agenda for the thirty-second
session of the Advisory Committee on Post
6. Conditions of service of the General Service and other locally recruited staff: Considerations related to reviewing the Job Evaluation Standards for the General Service and related categories.
7. Conditions of service in the field: Review of procedures for the classification of duty stations according to the conditions of life and work – A road map.
8. Monitoring of implementation of decisions and recommendations of the International Civil Service Commission by organizations of the United Nations common system.
9. Other business: Progress report on development of a Senior Management Network.
10. Adoption of the sessional and annual reports.
Documentation for the 69th Session will be made available to CCISUA members via the CCISUA website (password protected - contact: Fraser McIlwraith for further information)
23-6-2009 | New York, NY, USA | Human Resources Network
The 18th meeting of the Human Resources Network will take place in New York, USA, from 23-25 June 2009. Further details to follow.
22-6-2009 | New York, NY, USA | Mid-year review meeting of the Working Group for the classification of field duty stations according to the conditions of life and work, 22 June 2009.
2. Briefing on health sections by the United Nations Medical Service for the duty stations being reviewed.
3. Briefing on security sections by the United Nations Department of Safety and Security for the duty stations being reviewed.
4. Review of preliminary evaluation for all duty stations.
• Temporary Classification (New and reactivated)
• Other approved duty stations
5. Update on the review of the Mobility and Hardship Scheme and possible methodological changes.
6. Other business.
11-5-2009 | UN Headquarters, New York, NY, USA | Fifth Committee Meeting on Safety and Security
On Monday, 11 May 2009, the Fifth Committee of the UN General Assembly will be considering the report:
"Strengthened and Unified Security Management System for the United Nations" (A/63/605)
CCISUA will be sending a member of its Security Focal Point network, to deliver a statement on behalf of the CCISUA membership, and to engage in informal lobbying in support of increased funding for staff safety and security.
25-4-2009 | Addis Ababa | CCISUA General Assembly:
The XXIV CCISUA General Assembly will be held in Addis Ababa from 27 to 29 April.