CCISUA – the Coordinating Committee of International Staff Unions and Associations of the United Nations System – is a federation composed of UN system staff unions and associations committed to an atmosphere of constructive co-operation to provide equitable and effective representation of staff in those members at all levels. CCISUA primarily represents their interests in inter-agency bodies that make decisions and recommendations on conditions of service.
1. To promote the common interest of international civil servants of all categories whose staff unions/associations are members of CCISUA;
2. To provide a means for staff representative bodies with common concerns to consult with one another both formally and informally with a view to reaching consensus on issues affecting conditions of service and staff welfare;
3. To permit those staff unions, associations, and other staff representative bodies of the system to address advisory and decision-making bodies with a united voice and in particular to participate actively in the work of ICSC, HR Network, HLCM, CEB, the Pension Board, the Administrative Tribunals and the Fifth Committee of the General Assembly.
4. To assist each other in finding solutions to common problems and in monitoring the implementation of decisions affecting the staff both at Headquarters duty stations and offices away from headquarters.
5. To co-operate with other staff groupings with a view to formally arriving upon common positions with other staffing groupings on matters affecting staff welfare;
6. To adhere to the spirit of solidarity and support for each member whenever needed.
Mr. Christopher Land-Kazlauskas
ILO Staff Union
Ms. Mulutsega Legesse
UN-ECA Staff Council, Addis Abeba
Mr. Stefano Berterame
United Nations Staff Union - Vienna
Mr. Guy Avognon,