How to appeal the changes to your salary

1718 0

As you will know, a number of important changes have been made to P, D and FS compensation. These are further explained here:

Staff unions have raised strong concerns. Some earlier, more harmful proposed changes were reversed, and UN management has joined us in calling for further reversals.

However, as it currently stands losses will be incurred if:

  • you have a working spouse and at least one dependent child (spouse allowance will taper away);
  • you are receiving the mobility incentive, have at least 3 prior geographic moves and are in an H duty station (mobility incentive no longer provided);
  • you are in a C duty station or a D and E non-family duty station (accelerated home leave no longer provided);
  • your child is at university outside your duty station (boarding no longer reimbursed in the education grant); or
  • you are in a H duty station and your child is at a boarding school (boarding no longer reimbursed in the education grant).

In addition, losses may be incurred if:

  • your child incurs non-tuition costs as part of school fees, such as transport and food (non-tuition costs no longer reimbursed in the education grant).

The purpose of this email is to advise you on how you may have a chance to appeal these changes based on the concept of acquired rights. Under this concept you would need to show that the cuts to your compensation are such that were you to be offered a job in your organization today, you wouldn’t accept. For this to happen, the accumulated cuts need to be significant.

In order to assess this, we have prepared an online form, which we invite you to fill in. Our lawyers will sift the results and we will be in touch with those who may have a reasonable chance of winning at the UNDT.

The form is short, but does require you to familiarize yourself with the compensation calculator:

Once you have done so, we invite you to fill in the form here:

This form is for staff whose unions are members of the CCISUA federation. If your union is a member of FICSA or UNISERV please contact your union representative directly.